- 16-1/2-inch drill press; 13-3/4-inch table tilts 45 degrees left and right
- 16 speeds from 200 to 3,630 rpm; 3/4-horsepower motor
- Cast-iron construction with heavy-steel components
- Includes drill press, drill chuck, and key; bulb for work light not included
- 178 pounds; 1-year limited warranty
The JET JDP-17MF / 354169 Drill Press is perfect choice any professional woodshop. The design and mechanics of this drill press is well thought out. The 3/4 hp motor is more than enough and the ease of speed changes is well received. Overall, Jet has done a great job on this drill press. Made of cast-iron and heavy-gauge steel components, this press spins bits up to 5/8 of an inch with 16 speeds from 200 to 3,630 rpm.
A 3/4-horsepower induction motor drives the belts, and, for your convenience, it can run off either 115-volt outlets (for which it comes prewired) or 230-volt sources. The large 13-3/4-inch worktable glides easily with rack-and-pinion adjustment and tilts 45 degrees right or left to accommodate your needs. The lowest speed of 200 rpm is very handy for larger bits and hole saws. The built-in light is nice, as is the chuck key holder, a small item but very convenient.